YouTube is the best and easiest option for watching online videos today. One can spend hours enjoying the videos uploaded by millions of YouTubers on various genres. Some may be comedy or educational or pertaining to some facts and some can even be thought-provoking. But these videos last only till you have an internet connection. The moment you step into any internet-free zone, your video is gone. Although YouTube from its latest updates has started giving an option to save videos offline, this is only possible if you have had a persistent internet connection for some fixed number of days. If you fail this criterion then sadly you do not get this facility. If you pass the first checkpoint you can save the videos offline successfully but for only a few weeks. So here we have two methods to save YouTube videos offline for as long as you want them:
With ClipGrab it gets convenient to save videos for offline mode not only from YouTube but also from other video sites. To begin with all you need it to follow these 5 simple steps:
- Install ClipGrab: Clip grab can be downloaded free of cost from the internet. It is available for all platforms including Android, Mac, and Linux etc.
- Video link: After you have installed the application initiate its launching. Copy the link or URL that you want to download
- Copy the link: After copying the link switch to the application window. In the “download” tab paste the URL in the Output field. After the application has gathered all necessary information about your video, it will allow you to proceed with the next step.
- Download quality: The application also provides you an option about the video quality. Whether you want the video downloaded in MP3, MP4 or the original existing format of the video. It also provides you guidelines about which format your computer will support the best.
- Offline video: The final step is to click on the “grab the clip” option and your download is initiated. Choose the name for the downloaded file and its location.
To many people’s amazement, VLC along with being the best video player also supports its users in downloading videos from YouTube and any such websites. Follow these steps:
- Navigate: Copy the URL of the video you want to download from your YouTube channel. Launch VLC and click “Media” or “File” in the menu bar, followed by “Open Network Stream”. Next paste the URL in the VLC media player window and click “open”. This will start the download.
- If you are a Windows user, select “Tools” in the toolbar and select “Codec Information”. On a Mac, select “Window” and click “Media Information”. This will show the exact URL of your video, directed from Google’s servers. Copy this link and paste it in the address bar of your web browser.
- Saving the video: The video will then be played within your web browser. Right-click the video, click “Save As” and wait for the download to complete.
The only drawback of VLC player is that you cannot change the video to a higher or lower format you just get the original copy of the video on YouTube. But it will provide you faster services as it directly uses Google’s servers.
A tip to download must be that maintain patience. Even a minute long video may take a little longer time to download all depending upon your internet speed. Although YouTube from its latest updates has started giving an option to save videos offline, this is only possible if you have had a persistent internet connection for some fixed number of days. Downloading certain videos may be considered as a breach of material possession laws, as corporations own the rights to the videos you’re downloading. After you transfer such videos, your IP Address is logged by YouTube, and that they retain their right to send IP Holders your IP related data, which might sue you for lost revenue and vandalizing their site. Take care to solely download content from YouTube with the specific permission of the content creator. Otherwise, you will be to blame for infringement.