When you resize the image, you may have to compromise its quality and get it a little noisy, pixilated and blurry. This is so because when you shrink your photograph pixels decrease and when you enlarge your pictures pixels will also increase. You can use three most popular applications to avoid such conditions – Photoshop, Vector Magic and ReShade. They can resize both photographs and graphic images without losing their quality. When it comes to adjust size, you can also shorten the image without compromising its sharpness. In most cases, it is important to maintain the quality when it comes to resize the original image. Resizing image is not a big deal if it is of good quality. In order to resize the pictures without losing their quality, here are some steps.
Resizing Image Using Photoshop
- Launch Photoshop CS and open your desired image.
- On the ‘File’ menu click ‘Image’ option and click ‘Image Size’ to open a new menu.
- Choose the option ‘Resample Image’ and then go with ‘Bicubic Smoother’ to enlage an image or ‘Bicubic Sharper’ to shrink your image from dropdown menu of ‘Resample Image’.
- Enter your desired dimensions in ‘Height’ and ‘Width’ fields and hit ‘Ok’ button.
Resizing Image Using Vector Magic
- Visit the webpage of Vector Magic and click the orange button of ‘Upload Image to Trace’. It will open a dialog box to upload file.
- Get into the location where you have stored your desired picture, highlight the file you like to resize and “Open” it. Wait for the file to upload.
- In the right pane, choose the image quality you want on ‘Desired Quality’ button. Select your desired color palette and download the resized image by clicking ‘Download Result’.
- Specify the location and file name and save the result to your PC.
Resizing Image Using ReShade
- Open your browser and visit the website of ReShade. You can upload your desired image either from the web directly or from your computer. Just give image URL or desired path of the image.
- Navigate to your desired location by clicking ‘Browse’ button to find the picture to resize. Click ‘Open’ button and ‘Submit’ the image.
- On left pane, choose the image size you desire from dropdown box. Next to ‘Stretch’, have a check mark in order to stretch the width and height of image to fit to the new size.
- Besides ‘Denoise’ put a check mark if image is quite grainy or of bad quality.
- If you have drawing, then check the ‘Smooth’ option in order to smoothen the rough edges in the picture.
- Click the button ‘Resize It’ and program will start resizing the image.
- When done, have a right click on the resized image and specify the location and desired file name by clicking the ‘Save Image As’ button. And then click on ‘Save’ button.
Thanks to these programs, editing photos became easier and you can improve presentation of your photos very well.