Toshiba offers all kinds of USB flash drives to meet the marketing requirements. It includes low-cost solution, high capacity and super-fast USB product for you. With the fast and convenient way to backup and migration important data, it drive many users’ attention. Toshiba USB pen drives are widely used to store personal files such as photos, videos and data. As you’ve heard before, write-protected error notification often happens on removable disks, even the Toshiba USB drives are not excepted. Write-protected error doesn’t allow you to write or read the data on the available Toshiba USB drives. So you may find many threads with Toshiba write-protected error on forums like the following:
I have a 64GB Toshiba USB drive and it came with the write-protected state suddenly with no any reason. I was in the middle of copying some files over to it, when suddenly I got the message saying disk was write protected. I am unable to format it as I am told it is write protected too. How can I solve the problem?
Why does the write-protect error on Toshiba USB flash drive?
Actually, write protection is a physical mechanism that protects any modification and change on a device. It could prevent accidental data loss or attacks by computer viruses. However, once your USB flash drive is in write-protected state, you can’t format the USB drive with Windows built-in disk management tool nor to delete the data. There are many causes may lead the error. Virus attack, security setting, setting only-read files and corrupted USB drive are the main reasons.
How to remove Toshiba USB Flash Write Protection?
With write protection error on Toshiba USB drive, the file system might be corrupted and the driver is not updated. Since that, it’s a good solution to format your Toshiba USB Drive by removing the write protection error. There are two normal ways to perform the operation.
Solution 1. Use Diskpart to remove write protection
- Press “Win + R” and type “cmd” in the textbox;
- In the command prompt, type list volume;
- Next type Select volume n;
- Then type Format fs=ntfs quick and type exit to perform the all steps.
Solution 2. Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to remove write protection
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a free partition software for Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP/Vista and it let you to format a USB drive quickly and safely even your USB drive is in write protection state. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant is a professional disk management utility with powerful functions, such as convert mbr to gpt, migrate OS to SSD, merge partitions and so on. Here, let’s check the detailed steps to remove write protection by formatting the USB drive.
- Download, install and launch the freeware; connect your USB with computer, and all the disks including the Toshiba USB flash drive show on the main interface;
- Right-click the removable drive, here is the Disk 3, and choose the Format Partition;
- While formatting the your USB drive, you need to choose a file system for the USB drive, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4 as you like and click OK to continue.
- Then, you can preview all the operations in the bottom left side in the freeware. If there is no problem, click Apply to perform all the operations.
Do let us know if you have any query in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog.