You cannot work on your computer with dignity and peaceful mind if the hard drive has gone corrupted or has crashed due to serious software or hardware failures. Corrupted hard drive will cause problems and anxiety to the user because it will not offer the much required reliability, precision, speed and overall technical performance. There is always a reason for the system maintenance on regular time intervals so that you can easily do away with these kinds of serious problems. However, the system related issues and errors are dealt with effectively and on the prompt basis, you will feel happier to save sensitive information and protect your system or hard drive from excessive damage.
Symptoms of corrupt hard drive
Although slow system performance or sluggish computer operations are the primary signs for corrupt hard drive, you may also face some different symptoms such as frequent computer stalling, blank or blue lines, un-installation of any program or application and shortage of memory space in hard drive which will require you to fix this issue on immediate basis.
Step by step repairing process of corrupt hard drive
To ensure integrated performance and solid physical health of the hard drive, the user would be required to run thorough check-up of the disc drives and sectors. The process is detailed below for your quick assistance: –
- To start with, simply close all the running applications and files on your system.
- Now click on Start tab and click Computer icon.
- The user is then needed to right-click on the drive which corresponds to the hard drive, which is usually C.
However, if you are not sure which drive name shows the hard drive then you can go to Programs from Control Panel to look for Documents and Settings. Simply right-click on the directory name this folder is situated under.
- Click on the Properties option and then choose Tools tab.
- You will find the option for Error-checking where you have to click on Check Now tab. While continuing with this process, you will have to ensure confirmation for all kinds of message alerts and password for the administrator so that it is successfully completed.
- Now, you should click on the option of ‘Automatically fix file system errors’.
- After this, the user is required to click on Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors so that it could easily find and repair various hard disc errors. At the last, you will need to click on Start and wait for the repairing process to fetch some fruitful results.
- It is recommended by computer experts that you should create the backup of all computer data and information.
- Also, you should note here that repairing of corrupted hard drive will take some time which may range from 30 minutes to few hours. You should have patience and wait for the process to get completed.
- If the problem does not get solved or tackled by this process, you will have to reinstall your Operating System ultimately.