How To Fix Up A Slow Performing Computer
Recently, we have talked about How to fix missing or corrupt files in PC. Now let us discuss how can you fix up a slow performing computer.
When performance speed of system gets slower, it does not mean that you need a new computer rather than fixing this issue with normal solutions can work more effectively. Slow system run is a common problem these days and this can happen because of several reasons. It does not matter whether you have downloaded any malicious software or used your system with utmost care or caution; slow system run is a prevalent computer problem. In other cases, incorrect installation of certain programs may also affect the functioning and performance of desktop. When we use our system for a long time without using cleanup actions, it will automatically store credentials, data, entries and temp files that slow down the overall performance of your system.
- Antivirus Software check and update – The antivirus software or program helps the user to protect the system from malware, viruses and malicious software. Slow running of the system may also happen because of malware which must be scanned thoroughly and eliminated quickly. You are required to run a full system scan and keep the software updated on regular intervals.
- Remove unwanted files from disks – Storing more and repeated files will certainly cause performance problems for which you need to remove these unwanted and unused files so that everything runs properly. For this, you should make use of Disk Cleanup in Windows.
- Registry Repair – All the registry files are stored in the Windows Registry section which may get disorganized or corrupt due to altered or missing files that will certainly take toll on overall performance and computer speed. You can easily repair your registry files that have gone corrupt by running an authentic and reliable registry scanner that will fix the problems.
- Rebooting system – Sometimes, simply restarting the system might work wonders as a result of which your system will work faster. Yes, this happen because of running of programs in the background due to which computer slows down. Make it sure that startup programs and TSRs are disabled or removed which starts automatically when your computer gets booted. On the other hand, antivirus software running in the background might also slow the computer.
- Windows and drivers updates – Applications may run slow on the computer if the browser plug-ins or the Windows OS are not updated. You should ensure that both these things including that of the video driver are updated regularly.
- Overheating of processor or computer – It should be noted here that excessive heating of the computer parts and processor will decrease the performance of the system. Cleaning your system for dirt and dust can be a useful step to allow smooth air flow for cooling down the system.
- Issues related to hardware components – If each of the above mentioned recommendations fails to deliver results, you should focus more on the issues related to hardware components that might have failed down or gone bad. Such an issue might infect RAM, motherboard, CPU, hard drive or any other essential hardware component which needs quick replacement.