If there is a recovery partition which came with your PC then that can also be copied on the recovery drive and your PC can be reset with its help. Once you have copied the recovery partition, you can also remove it from your PC which will free a lot of space on your PC for you.You will need two things to create a USB recovery drive.
- USB drive which has memory space of at least 4GB or more.
- Windows 10 operating system running on your PC.
Follow the instruction given below to create a USB recovery drive.
- Open the control panel on your PC where you will find option ‘Recovery’. In that option, click on ‘create Recovery Drive’.
- When you select the option, ‘Create Recovery Drive’, the system may ask you for an admin password or it may ask you to confirm.
- When the option is opened, select the option, ‘Back up System Files to the RecoveryDrive’. Once you have clicked on this option, select’ Next’.
- Make you that a USB drive is connected to your PC. Select the USB drive and click on ‘Next’ option.
- Once the option is selected, click on ‘Create’ option. As there are a lot of system filed which the computer has to copy to the USB drive, the copying will take some time.
- Once all the system files are copied on the recovery drive, you will see an option,’ Delete the Recovery Partition from Your PC’.If you need the space, then you can select ’Delete’ and the recovery partition will be deleted from your PC.
- If you don’t want to delete the recovery partition, then click on ‘Finish’ option. Your USB recovery drive is ready.
You have to take care of the following things while creating the recovery drive.
- If your Windows is in safe mode then it will not be possible for recovery drive to be created.
- If you want to create a recovery drive of 64 bit, then you have to create it in 64 bit Windows 10 only and only a 64 bit Windows 10 can be repaired with it.
- If you are getting an error message that your recovery drive cannot be created due to some problem, then uncheck the option,’ Back Up System Files To Recovery Drive’. Then you will be able to create the USB recovery drive.